I don’t need feminism because:
-I am not a VICTIM.
-Equality includes MEN.
-As a raped woman, I know that not all men are MONSTERS.
-It’s freaking 2014
are you fucking kidding me. no. do you even know what feminism is, you privileged asswipe? feminism is NOT about hating men. in ANY way. at all. feminism is about making women and men and gender-queer people all equal to each other. it even includes queer rights, and fighting against racism. so yeah. not all men are ‘monsters’. But there again is that awful “not all men” which has been overused in disgusting ways that i don’t even want to get into.
Also???? you arent a victim??? what does that have to do with feminism??? you’re saying that just because you don’t see yourself personally as being wronged, you cant see that women and trans people are still victims of abuse and violence in the twenty-first century??? do they deserve that? are they not victims of a fucked-up society as well, or am I just imagining it????
and yes. equality does include men. however; men are altogether more privileged than females and trans people. in the US, women didn’t have the right to vote until less than 100 years ago. just think about that. When the titanic sank, women couldn’t vote in the US, which at that point was a fairly progressive country for its time. and you know who fought tooth and nail for that right? If you answered femists, you would be absolutely-fucking-right. But wait, you cant even appreciate that right because you aren’t fucking mature enough to realize the weight of your words, let alone the weight of your vote.
and yeah. it is ‘freaking 2014’. and that’s why I’m angry that there are people like you, who think that women and trans people are equal to men. women are still only paid 73 cents for every dollar made by a man. and that’s not even considering woc, who are paid even less. but you wouldn’t be concerned about that, would you? no. you look exactly like the type of privileged, ignorant, white girl that typically show up in these types of posts, claiming that you “don’t need feminism” because you think it doesn’t apply to you.
but ill tell you something. I wish I could live in your world; a world where social issues don’t exist, and I don’t have to fight every day just to be held equal to someone with a differently shaped chromosome. I wish I could live in that world, and be completely comfortable when I walk down the street alone. I wish that, when I can drink, I won’t have to watch my drink to make sure no one slips something into it while I have my guard down. I wish that female celebrities weren’t so constantly sexualized, especially teen celebrities. I wish that poc didn’t have to put up with as much shit as they do. I wish that all trans people could go on hormones. I wish for so many things, but I know that the only way we will see that progress is if feminists are still alive and kicking.
and that is why i do need feminism.
its an opinion and people support it just like your stupid feminism
okay. apparently you didn’t go for my explanation of feminism, so i guess I’ll try and explain to you what sexism is.
- sexism is when my dad laughs at a joke on the local radio show that demeans women.
- sexism is when the boys in all my classes are called on more than the girls, even though there often more girls in my classes.
- sexism is when gender roles are forced on girls and boys from the time that their sex is determined, either at birth or during an ultrasound.
- sexism is when women are paid less than men for doing the same job.
- sexism is when women aren’t hired at a company because an equally qualified male applicant applied for the same job.
- sexism is when women are harassed on streets they walk on every day.
- sexism is when most victims of sexual assault are women.
- sexism is when women are expected to be docile and submissive and their male counterparts are expected to be loud and dominant.
- sexism is when people make stupid internet memes for the sole purpose of demeaning women.
- sexism is when women can’t have abortions, not even for medically valid reasons, because a group of men decided that bodily autonomy is more important for corpses than living beings.
- sexism is when grossly thin models are photoshopped onto glossy magazine covers, telling young girls that that is the body that they should want, from the time they aren’t even old enough to grasp the mere concept of photoshop.
- sexism is when we tell little girls that “boys will be boys” when they hurt them on the playground, but punish the girl when she does the same.
- sexism is when women are shamed for having lots of sex, even though a man having the same amount of sex is lauded for exactly that.
There are so many forms that sexism takes, and these are just a handful. I don’t know if you have ever witnessed any of these, but maybe I should tell you anyways: feminism takes all of these forms, and shits on them, because they should never have had a place in today’s society, or yesterday’s society, and especially not tomorrow’s society.
And honestly, your inability to articulate never ceases to amaze me.
I am so amused.
oh god, it´s back
I just love it that this motherfucking adorable bastard has no idea that he just turned himself into a fucking meme
20 Historical Photos (x)
If you don’t think that history is some of the most interesting shit ever, you can get out.
— George being a total babe, 9/?
do you ever think about how the first Beatles album starts with Paul shouting “one, two, three, four!” and the last Beatles album ends with John saying “I’d like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we passed the audition” ?
it’s kind of perfect honestly
The Tenth Doctor’s Suit Button Analysis - now in Tumblr-image form!
Because the manner in which the suit is buttoned is important. No, really. It is!
In all honesty though, I’m rather impressed that DT took it upon himself to change it up. Keeping up with these tiniest of details is just another sign of how dedicated he was to Doctor Who.
The list owes much to Unfolded73’s Button Analysis on LiveJournal. As far as I’m aware she was the first to do the analysis back in March 2009 and share it with the world.
For the pedant in us all.
in which david is obsessed with his suit buttons…
The Avengers: Age of Ultron cast at San Diego Comic Con 2014
Short video of the first episode of Supernatural Season 10!!